Thursday, August 21, 2014

Salamat Marcial Bonifacio


Marcial definitely because of Martial Law.  Bonifacio, can either be because of Andres Bonifacio, the Philippine revolutionary hero.  Or, from Fort Bonifacio, where he was imprisoned in a 20sq m cell for treason.

The year was 1983.  The Philippine government would not issue him a passport.  So he had to use an alias, "Marcial Bonifacio" on his flight from the US back to Manila on that fateful day, August 21.  This year, we commemorate the 21st anniversary of the assassination of Ninoy Aquino, an event that forever changed Philippine history.



Thank you Marcial Bonifacio.  Salamat Ninoy.

Quotes from Ninoy Aquino:


I will never be able to forgive myself if I will have to live with the knowledge that I could have done something and I did not do anything.
 

The Filipino is worth dying for.


What can one man do if the Filipino people love their slavery, if the Filipino people have lost their voice and would not say no to a tyrant, what can one man do. I have not army, I have no following, I have no money, and I only have my indomitable spirit.


I believe that the Filipino will respond to the call to greatness not by coercion but by persuasion, not by intimidation but through the ways of freedom.



I do not hold the key to our liberation, I do not know all the solutions to our many problem all I know is that if the situation continues in the Philippines, then blood will flow, and when blood flows, there will be no victor and there will be no vanquished because all of us will be victim of our folly

First we must return the freedom so that all segments of our community whether from left or from the right will have the right to speak and then in that open debate in that clash of debate in the marketplace we will produce the clash between the thesis and the anti-thesis and then we will have synthesis for the Filipino people.


We should not depend on one man; we should depend on all of us.


We must not only preserve yesterday's heritage fight for today's ephemeral interests, but die if need be, for tomorrow's hopes.


A time comes in a man's life when he must prefer a meaningful death to a meaningless life.



No comments: