Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Anzani in Cebu


A year living in Cebu, and I have not been back to Anzani Restaurant.  What usually happens is what happened.  Places that are close to where you live, you try to avoid.  You go very far to eat, drink coffee, or hang-out but seldom at the place near your house.

You see, Anzani is 2 minutes away from where I stay, as both are in the bottom part of the Busay Mountains.  Anzani is in D'Address together with Bellini and Belle Fleur.   Bellini is a fantastic bar, which I have visited maybe 20 times this year.  Belle Fleur is a fine coffee place, which I have been to also around 20 times.  But Anzani, the fine-dining Mediterranean place is often skipped.

Now that I am about to move to another place to stay, I suddenly realize I miss Anzani.   And I remember the one picture I have where I ordered some of the best-tasting Gnocchis I have ever had (outside Italy).

Definitely one of the best Mediterranean restaurants in the island, and maybe the whole country.  Anzani is a must try.



No comments: