Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How Far? The elusive plane legroom

Is it just me, or are the airplane legrooms shrinking?  This year, I had been flying crazy - a grand total of 105 flights this year alone.  Majority or domestic 1-hour flights.  But still, the cramped space seems to be bother me more and more.

Cebu to Manila via AirPhilippines.   AirPhil was my favorite budget airline, and I even took it when I traveled to HongKong in 2009 and to Singapore in 2010.  But I could not imagine the legspace to be this cramped before.


Well, Philippine Airline tickets cost 50-70% more than Cebu Pacific or AirPhil.  At least, you get 50-70% more legroom in domestic flights.


This is Alaska Airlines from San Francisco to Alaska.  Definitely one of the better legrooms in a domestic flight.


Delta Airlines from Tokyo to Detroit.  Over the past 20 years, the legspace of NW/Delta has shrunk considerably.  Their service also reflect that.



No comments: