Sunday, June 24, 2012

Best Seat in the Plane

I ride the plane around 50 times a year.  This year being in Cebu, I had taken almost 200 flights from October 2011-June 2012.  Sheer math, and I had spend more than 2 months in the airport and on the plane in the past 8 months.

Seats are not that important for me.  As long as I give me an aisle seat, I am usually fine.  The worst seat was 32B in a Manila-Cebu flight courtesy of Cebu Pacific.  This was during the PAL strike, so not only did I pay 7,000 for the round-trip but got the worst possible seat - last row middle seat, behind the comfort rooms.

The best seats in the plane are of course the First Class or Business Class seats.  In my opinion, any First Class seat beat the best economy seat.  So no debate there.  But the question is,  what is the best economy seat in the plane?

Skyscanner.com survey 1,000 people and confirmed that a "best seat" exists.  And it is 6a!  Of course aircrafts vary and so does seat configuration.  But on a standard aircraft, an astounding 46% of passengers selected 6a as their favorite "perfect" seat.



Confirmation from skycanner.com's survey


If you want to see the best seat depends on airline configuration, you can visit seat.expert.com
www.seatexpert.com


Related articles about the best seat in the plane are here:
http://www.skyscanner.net/news/articles/2012/04/012444-skyscanner-reveals-the-perfect-seat.html

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/04/27/best-seat-on-plane-is-row-is-6a/

No comments: