Monday, August 11, 2014

Dagitab, filling the void


image from cinemalaya.org


We loved Dagitab.  We thought it was the Best Film in CinemalayaX, in any category.  We were mesmerized by the script and fascinated by the direction.

The screenplay was poetry, and so were the visuals.  We wanted to collate all the quotes from the film.  We wish we could get a copy of Gab's short story.

Can you help us please construct the quotes?   What did we miss?  What did we misquote?

**************************************


“I won't ruin you.  I love you… Pero frankly wala akong pake. You’re just another void… Soon you’ll be irrelevant.

"They leave a void.  And you carry that void with you."  

You don’t move on. You just become a bigger person until the void doesn’t feel as big.


Alam mo, kung pagod ka na, hindi mo naman kailangang umalis. Kailangan mo lang magpahinga.


"She was somewhere between family and stranger"


"...We might live more extraordinarily if we were more normal."

"I imagine we had to meet halfway between April and June. As if we had to dance between rainfall and summer."


"To the new blood, may you feed us old vampires with new life."


"Some things you love and they're yours forever.  It is not about letting go or moving on, because they never really leave."


"Maybe we have failed because we have dropped out of life"


(written on the board) DEADLINES
"Sometimes we just need someone to tell us.  Game Over"

"Minsan may mga bagay kang hinihintay na hindi mo alam kung may hinihintay ka pa.  Pero naghihintay ka pa rin."




Here is Tuloy Pa Rin by Labuyo

2 comments:

marinorampas said...

INTERSECTIONS
by Gabriel Atienza

"She was 45 and it was summer. I was in between high school and college. Thing is, she had known me all her life. And she had known my mother since they were colegialas themselves.

Though the last time we saw each other, I wasn't circumcised. She was, in reality, somewhere between family and stranger to me.

I imagined we had to meet halfway. Somewhere between teenager and 45. As if we had to dance in the middle of rainfall and summer, between April and June. You can smell it in the land, it had to be over.

At one point she transformed into a young teenager and I was suddenly 45. And for some reason, nothing was wrong anymore. Noodles, her hair. Milk, skin. Candy and sweets, eyes and nose. Ice cream, lips. Condiments and spices, neck. Beverages, bosom. Dishes and cups, hips. Bread, ass. Now it was all inmy mouth. I could taste her flavor.

And when I finally came, I came. I came crashing back to some random intersection. I was bopping my head to the music of blowing horns and the lyrics in my scream—you’ve-gone-too-far—with a heavy metal screech. But the lights were green. And I just kept on going."

Laurene said...

I'd like to read the entire Nonie Buencamino monologue before they parted.