Thursday, February 16, 2012

Business Class: The Downside

I started traveling long distance about 2 decades ago.  It was when our company sent me to a training in the US for the very first time.  It was my first time to leave the country, first time to ride an international flight, first time to go to the US.  

Of course we flew economy.  I did not mind, ang dami naman namin (there were many of us).  But as I traveled more and more, I of course wished to travel Business Class.

My wish was granted some 6 years after my first US trip.  Then I realized it was not totally fun.  Obviously the fun part has something to do with your fellow passengers.  In Economy, people are more friendly.  People talk, chat, say hi.  In Business Class, no, most people just mind their own business.  In my past trips, I never even said a single word to my seatmate.

In Business Class, many people work!  As soon as the fasten seatbelt sign is off, several passengers take out their laptops to work.  That includes me.

In Business Class, many people sleep.  And many skip meals.  I was surprised the first time a seatmate slept almost the entire Tokyo-Detroit leg.  Not eating a single meal.  To me, you should eat the meals.

In Business Class, are people like me who watch movies on the plane.  Very sad.  Very very sad.  The first movie I have seen in the past 1.5 years is below: Friends with benefits.



The sad part, the last 5 movies I have seen, I watched 33,000 feet.

So yes, it can be lonely, very serious and really dark in Business Class.


No comments: